3U and 6U OpenVPX Optical and RF Backplanes
Elma Electronic is a leader in VITA 46/65 VPX and OpenVPX backplane design and manufacturing. Newly released designs support VITA 66 and 67 optical and RF connectivity including VITA 67.3 RF/Optical modules. Elma engineers developed the industry’s first VPX backplanes and we are the innovation leader as signal speeds and system complexities increase. VPX presents design challenges with high layer-count backplanes, and more demanding power and cooling requirements. We tackle these problems with extensive signal integrity testing plus thermal simulation and functional testing to produce the most reliable backplanes and enclosures on the market. That’s why our partners and our customers rely on Elma to address their VPX backplane requirements.
We offer 3U and 6U OpenVPX backplane profiles with over 35 products to choose from in slot counts from 2 to12. Configurations are available with copper as well as RF and optical connectivity featuring the most advanced connector options on the market. 40GBASE-KR4 support enables 40Gbps slot to slot bandwidth for data intensive applications. Work with Elma to design the custom backplane and the final system solution for your application.
- Support for VITA 66.4 optical, 67.1 RF and 67.3 RF/Optical modules
- Designs supporting 1000BASE-BX, 1000BASE-KX, 10GBASE-KX4, 10GBASE-KR, or 40GBASE-KR4 connectivity
- Radial clock slot for IEEE 1588 precision timing protocol and network synchronization
- Multi-star, distributed mesh, custom, plus and power and ground designs
- VME / VPX hybrid versions supporting legacy boards and the latest VPX boards
- Signal speeds to 12Gbps in copper plus 12 bi-directional 25 Gbps optical lanes.
- Designed and manufactured in the United States