AbraxSys Provides New State-of-the-Art Projected Capacitive Touch Monitors Considered Best in Industry
In keeping with higher demand for industrial LCD products providing multi-touch with gestures, AbraxSys' next generation, newly released Multi-Touch and Standard Touch PCAP projected capacitive touch screens provide unequalled performance and interactive imaging solutions to meet harsh-duty imaging applications.
AbraxSys delivers high performance Multi-Touch and Standard Touch projected capacitive touch screen LCD products for a large array of industries and applications including medical, military, industrial and aerospace for applications such as touch enabled military land navigation systems, cockpit instruments, ATMs or handheld medical devices. AbraxSys Corporation’s touch systems feature outstanding optics and unparalleled durability.
In the brief period since the presentation of projected capacitive touch screens for the iPhone, a large influx of new construction applications have been deployed. All projected capacitive touch screen developments have two key elements – the sensing mechanism (ITO layer) that rests below the touch surface and the use of no moving components.
Mutual capacitance is the new standard projected capacitive approach and takes advantage of the fact that most conductive objects are able to maintain a charge if they are inclose proximity. If a conductive object such as a finger bridges the connection, the charge field is disrupted and sensed by the microcontroller.
Projected capacitive touch technologies are made up of a matrix of rows and columns that are “scanned” one by one to get a reading or count. To retrieve an exact coordinate, the results from multiple row/column intersections are interpreted to triangulate the exact touch point.
AbraxSys Corporation’s next generation PCAP screens are designed with chemically and thermally strengthened covers and rear glass which is combined as one by various industry leading optically clear adhesive (OCA) and films (OCF) with protected UV filtering (key component in sunlight readable applications). These OCA & OCF technologies allow for almost 100% light transmission from the display backlights so original nit levels are not jeopardized.
The key features of this new PCAP touch screen are:
1. Chemically and thermally strengthened cover glass for harsh duty environments.
2. Water-Resistant: multi-points touch panel can work in condition of spray water and pouring water.
3. High Resolution abilities.
4. Exceptional Optics, near 100% light transmission, unlike traditional resistive technology.
5. Operates in extreme environments.
6. Ultraviolet (UV) stable adhesive; won’t “delaminate” like other PCT touch windows. Very important for direct sun use applications.
7. Black boarder around touch window provides a nice looking finish when nested flush with the monitor’s bezel.
8. Works with finger or most gloved hands.
9. Multi-touch capable – up to ten (10) fingers.
10. Touch coordinates are drift free, unlike tradition resistive technology.
11.Most windows are “nested” flush with the monitor’s front bezel or enclosure.
12. High quality: Invisible sensor traces hold in the air.
For details about which AbraxSys industrial sunlight readable LCD displays can be integrated with these next generation PCAP projected capacitive touch screens, please contact AbraxSys at (215) 794-7272.
The company is a worldwide leader of Industrial, Sunlight & Daylight Readable Technology, Rail type, Military grade, and Marine type LCD Flat Panel Displays, Panel PC, Fully-Enclosed Touch Screen Computers and Workstations.
Lahaska, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
International 001.215.794.7272 or 001.225.620.5354