Annual Embedded Computing Design Innovation Awards - Submissions Now Open
Embedded Computing Design's Annual Top Embedded Innovators and Innovative Product Awards highlight the most influential people and products from the Embedded and Internet of Things industries over the past year.
2017 Top Embedded Innovators (People)
Embedded Computing Design invites members of the embedded and Internet of Things communities to nominate exceptional individuals for their contributions to technology, industry/market evangelism, philanthropic contribution, and business acumen. Nominees are judged by Embedded Computing Designs esteemed Advisory Board, as well as its experienced content team comprised of Rich Nass, Curt Schwaderer, Brandon Lewis, and Jamie Leland. Judging is based on a 14-point rubric, outlined below.
• Technology What are this candidate's top contributions to embedded/IoT technology?
• Evangelism How has this candidate or his/her accomplishments influenced or driven the embedded/IoT market?
• Philanthropy In what ways has this candidate given back to the industry/community?
• Business What financial milestones this person accomplished for their company(ies) during their career?
Three entrants will be chosen as 2017's Top Embedded Innovators based on the judges cumulative scores, with the winners receiving a plaque denoting their achievement and the opportunity to participate in an in-person video interview with members of the Embedded Computing Design content team.
Nomination Deadline: 3/31
Submission Form: opsy.st/2017InnovativePeople
2017 Most Innovative Products
The Most Innovative Products section allows vendors from the embedded and Internet of Things industries to submit their market-leading technology solutions released between April 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017 for consideration as one of the past year’s Most Innovative Products. Product submissions are graded by the Embedded Computing Design Content Team consisting of Rich Nass, Curt Schwaderer, Brandon Lewis, and Jamie Leland based on a 16-point rubric, detailed below.
Note: A nominal fee is associated with Innovative Product submissions to support printing and production costs.
• Design Excellence How does the proficiency of the products design and/or architectural elements enable embedded/IoT engineers in new ways?
• Relative Performance How does the performance of the product compare to alternatives, relative to the context in which it is typically used?
• Market Impact/Disruption What impact has this product had on the embedded/IoT design engineering market (does it enable new innovations, disrupt existing technologies, provide new methods for solving engineering challenges, etc.)?
All submissions are highlighted on the Embedded Commuting Design website and in the June 2017 Innovation Issue. Three finalists will be selected in each of the categories of Silicon, Software, and Systems based on the judges’ cumulative scores. All nine finalists will be featured on the cover of the ensuing 2017 Embedded Computing Design Resource Guide, with the company of the most highly graded product (1) from each category also receiving a plaque commemorating the accomplishment, as well as the opportunity to participate in a video interview with Embedded Computing Design’s content team.
Submission Deadline: 4/14
Submission Form: opsy.st/2017InnovativeProducts
For questions and further details, please contact OpenSystems Media Publisher Patrick Hopper (email@example.com) or Embedded Computing Design Brand Director Rich Nass (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About Embedded Computing Design and OpenSystems Media
OpenSystems Media has been a leading publisher of electronics magazines, e-mail newsletters, websites, and product resource guides for more than 30 years. OpenSystems Media is also the leader in driving leads and awareness through social media, and is the largest producer of lead-generation tools such as webcasts (E-casts), whitepapers, product directories, digital E-mags, and Techcasts. OpenSystems Media offers E-casts, Techcasts, and Embedded University online training for engineers and provides interactive tools that allow participants to communicate directly with presenters and top industry editors. Current publications include: Embedded Computing Design; Military Embedded Systems; IoT Design; Industrial Embedded Systems; PICMG Systems and Technology; PC/104 and Small Form Factors; VITA Technologies ; and Signal Processing Design.