Cypress to Demonstrate USB 3.0 Peripheral and Hub Controller Portfolio At Computex Taipei 2014
Demo Stations in USB-IF Booth N0608 to Feature Highly-Configurable SuperSpeed Solutions Along with USB-Serial Bridge Controller and 2.4-GHz WirelessUSB(tm) NX Transceiver
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ: CY) today announced it will be demonstrating its USB and wireless portfolio, including its newest USB 3.0 peripheral and hub controllers, at the Computex Taipei 2014 trade show from June 3 to 7. Cypress will feature two recently introduced SuperSpeed solutions in USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) booth N0608 in the NanGang Exhibition Hall at the Taipei International Convention Center:
• The USB-IF Certified, 4-port EZ-USB® HX3 USB 3.0 hub controller offers robust interoperability, support for Battery Charging v1.2 and Apple charging standards, and full configurability. HX3 targets docking stations, monitors, Ultrabook™ devices, digital TVs, set-top boxes, printers and servers.
• The EZ-USB CX3™ camera controller enables developers to add USB 3.0 connectivity to any image sensors supporting the Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI) Camera Serial Interface Type 2 (CSI-2) standard. CX3 provides four CSI-2 data lanes with speed up to 1 Gbps per lane, and it supports uncompressed video streams.
Cypress will also highlight two other new products:
• The 2.4-GHz WirelessUSB™ NX transceiver delivers robust performance along with ultra-low power consumption, aided by a fast 2 Mbps data rate to limit time spent transmitting and receiving. The solution enables three years of battery life for wireless mice, keyboards, trackpads, remote controls and other Human Interface Devices (HIDs).
• The USB-Serial bridge controller is the industry’s first to provide dual-configurable serial channels for UART/SPI/I2C communication. The controller supports BC v1.2-compliant Battery Charger Detection (BCD), and it also offers Cypress’s industry-leading CapSense® capacitive touch-sensing technology for human interface solutions.
About Cypress EZ-USB SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) Portfolio
Cypress’s SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) portfolio began with EZ-USB FX3™, the industry’s only programmable SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) peripheral controller. The portfolio now includes the EZ-USB CX3 camera controller, the EZ-USB FX3S™ RAID-on-Chip controller, the EZ-USB SD3 storage controller, and the EZ-USB HX3 hub controller.
EZ-USB FX3 provides SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) connectivity in virtually any system. It is equipped with a highly configurable General Programmable Interface (GPIF™ II), which can be programmed in 8-, 16- and 32-bit configurations with data rates as high as 400 megabytes per second. GPIF II enables FX3 to interface directly to nearly any processor, ASIC or FPGA. The on-chip ARM9 CPU core with 512 KB RAM delivers 200 MIPS of computational power and is available for applications that require local data processing. For more information on Cypress EZ-USB SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) solutions, please contact Cypress at email@example.com.
Learn More About Cypress
• Join the Cypress Developer Community.
• Follow @CypressSemi on Twitter.
• Visit us on LinkedIn.
• View Cypress videos on our Video Library or YouTube.
Cypress delivers high-performance, mixed-signal, programmable solutions that provide customers with rapid time-to-market and exceptional system value. Cypress offerings include the flagship PSoC® 1, PSoC 3, PSoC 4 and PSoC 5LP programmable system-on-chip families. Cypress is the world leader in capacitive user interface solutions including CapSense touch sensing, TrueTouch® touchscreens, and trackpad solutions for notebook PCs and peripherals. Cypress is a world leader in USB controllers, which enhance connectivity and performance in a wide range of consumer and industrial products. Cypress is also the world leader in SRAM and nonvolatile RAM memories. Cypress serves numerous major markets, including consumer, mobile handsets, computation, data communications, automotive, industrial and military. Cypress trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol CY. Visit Cypress online at www.cypress.com.