Desktop Networking Platform Features Dual-Core Intel(r) Atom(tm) Processor
Networking desktop-size device with Intel Atom Pineview processor
|PL-80260 features dual-core Atom processor|
North Andover, Mass. – December 9 – WIN Enterprises announces PL-80260, a family of desktop networking platforms powered by energy-efficient Intel® Atom™ processors and which feature up to 6 Intel GbE LAN ports. The device, only 9.1” wide, is designed for networking applications in small- to mid-size businesses and remote Enterprise offices.
The device pairs either the Intel Atom D410 single-core or D510 dual-core processor with the Intel 82801HM I/O Hub. Intel Hyper-Threading Technology increases logical CPU threads resulting in more efficient use of processor resources. The PL-80260 is designed to support a range of OEM applications such as routing, firewall/threat management, database, and network attached storage (NAS).
CompactFlash™, SSD or HDD, DDR2 SO-DIMM (up to 2GB), Dual SATA-II interfaces, and mini PCI slot are expandable features that can be upgraded through an easily removable chassis cover. A maximum of six Intel-based GbE LAN ports are provided with two-port bypass controlled by a programmable watchdog timer. Each Internet interface has an LED indicator to show activity and transfer rate. A fully loaded PL-80260 configuration has peak thermal design power (TDP) of approximately 30 Watts. The unit is FCC, CE, and RoHS compliant.
* Intel Atom D410 single-core or D510 dual-core, Hyper-Threaded, low voltage processor + Intel 82801HM I/O Hub
* Integrated DDR2 Memory Controller supports single SoDIMM up to 2GB DDR2 (667MHz)
* Up to 6 full-bandwidth Intel 82574L GbE LAN ports with PXE boot option
* CompactFlash and dual SATA-II interfaces (a 2.5” HDD mounting kit is optional)
* 2 external USB 2.0 ports
* Compact dimensions of 232 mm (W) x 153.3 mm (D) x 44 mm (H); 9.1” (W) x 6” (D) x 1.7” (H)
* TDP of ~30W with Intel Atom D510 processor, 6 LANs and 2.5” HDD
Recommended operating systems for PL-80260 evaluation units include:
* Windows® XP Pro and Windows 7
* Linux version support includes: Fedora 13, Debian 5.0.6, and openSUSE 11.3
* The PL-80260 supports 32-bit and 64-bit software
Additional Windows and Linux distributions are documented to support the Intel Atom D410/D510 + ICH8M with 82574L drivers. Users should check their operating system documentation for hardware compatibility or contact WIN Enterprises regarding their software selection.
Pricing and Availability
The PL-8026A version with Dual-Core Atom D510 costs $379 in OEM quantities of 1000 units. Evaluation units are available now. The unit can be modified to meet specific market requirements. Contact a WIN Enterprises representative for details and customization options.