Freescale Opens Third Annual Technology Forum Americas
More than 2,000 expected at Freescale's premier developer event
ORLANDO, Fla. - June 25, 2007 - Freescale Semiconductor opens its third annual Freescale Technology Forum (FTF) Americas today at the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Conference Centers in Orlando, Fla. The event continues through June 28 and provides a unique opportunity for attendees to view and interact with the entire Freescale ecosystem.
In his opening keynote, Freescale Chairman and CEO Michel Mayer will outline three major trends impacting the electronics designers over the next several decades. "Energy conservation, the aging population, and the impact of broadband and constant connectivity are presenting new challenges and business opportunities," Mayer said. "With a broad portfolio of embedded technologies and systems expertise, Freescale is uniquely positioned to help customers take advantage of these powerful market dynamics."
Attendees at FTF Americas 2007 include a diverse mix of companies from aerospace, consumer, industrial, medical, communications, networking and transportation industries.
More than 2,000 designers, applications engineers, industry-leading experts, executives and hardware, software and tools partners are expected to attend.
FTF Americas 2007 will include more than 380 hours of technical training sessions, a 28,000-square-foot interactive Technology Lab with more than 200 demonstrations from Freescale and its sponsors, visionary keynote presentations and an event party at Hard Rock Live featuring an exclusive performance from Sheryl Crow. A detailed schedule of technical sessions and a list of Technology Lab demonstrations complete with an interactive map is available at www.freescale.com/ftf.
* Tuesday, June 26 - Michel Mayer, Freescale chairman and chief executive officer, shares his vision for creating a smarter, more connected world
* Wednesday, June 27 - Futurist, renowned theoretical physicist and co-founder of string field theory Dr. Michio Kaku speaks about the computer industry in 2020.
* Thursday, June 28 - Federated Media chairman, journalist and Industry Standard founder John Battelle moderates a panel on Internet demand and stability titled "Internet TILT: One Billion Internet Users Can't Be Wrong."
The complete global calendar for FTF 2007 is as follows:
* FTF Americas: June 25-28 in Orlando, Fla.
* FTF Japan: Sept. 12 in Tokyo
* FTF EMEA: Sept. 3 in Tel-Aviv, Oct. 9-10 in Paris and Oct. 16-17 in Munich
* FTF China: Nov. 13-14 in Shenzhen
* FTF India: Nov. 19-20 in Bangalore
* Technology Sponsor - Power Architecture™
* Platinum Sponsors - Cadence Design Systems, Inc., MontaVista Software, Inc. and Wind River Systems
* Gold Sponsors - Arrow Electronics, Inc., Avnet Electronics Marketing, Digi-Key Corporation,Future
* Electronics, Green Hills Software, Microsoft, TQ-Components and Tundra Semiconductor Corporation
About Freescale Semiconductor
Freescale Semiconductor is a global leader in the design and manufacture of embedded semiconductors for the automotive, consumer, industrial, networking and wireless markets. The privately held company is based in Austin, Texas, and has design, research and development, manufacturing or sales operations in more than 30 countries. Freescale is one of the world's largest semiconductor companies with 2006 sales of $6.4 billion (USD). www.freescale.com