Heart of Technology Hosts Love IP Party on June 8 at the Design Automation Conference
Fundraiser to Benefit SJSU Guardian Scholars Program
Santa Cruz, Calif. — Heart of Technology, the philanthropic organization based in Silicon Valley that supports community humanitarian causes, reveals details of the Love IP Party taking place on Monday, June 8 during the 52nd Design Automation Conference (DAC) held in San Francisco that week. The event will be held at Jillian’s SF at Metreon located next to Moscone Center. Over 20 companies have come together to sponsor the event, which highlights the growing momentum of intellectual property (IP) at DAC. The party will raise money to support the San Jose State University Guardian Scholars (SJSU Guardian Scholars) serving 35 to 50 youth emancipated from foster care, wards of the court, and homelessness. Find out more at www.heartoftechnology.org
“Heart of Technology is about giving back to the community. In this case, we are giving back to DAC for embracing the growing IP industry and providing a platform for innovation. And we are also giving back to support the vital efforts of SJSU. Our goal is to bring awareness and raise funds to support young scholars as they transition from a disadvantaged upbringing to become the next scientist, engineer, health care professional or even Silicon Valley entrepreneur. We appreciate the DAC community’s help to make this happen.”
Embodying the spirit of San Francisco’s Summer of Love, the party is described as a “social be-in” to celebrate creative thinkers, the IP revolution at DAC, and brotherly love to support the SJSU Guardian Scholars. Highlights include:
• Fabulous food and open bar with 17 microbrews on tap and specialty cocktails.
• Performances by Grant Pierce’s The Sonics and Jim Hogan’s Groovy Love Band.
• A first-ever SpyGlass Open Pool Tournament sponsored by Atrenta.
• Heads or Tails Game with Sean O’Kane; guests could win a guitar signed by rock legend Y & T.
• A Summer of Love Costume Contest with $100 prize.
• A silent auction featuring sports and rock and roll memorabilia.
How to Get a Ticket
You can register for the party here. Here’s how to get a ticket:
• Invitation from a Sponsor
Sponsor companies will be sending out invitations to the party. You may register as their guest.
• IP Track Registrant
If you are an IP Track registrant at DAC, you are invited to be a guest at the party free of charge.
• DAC Attendee (Donation)
A donation of $50 or more to the Guardian Program at San Jose State University will allow immediate entrance to the party, a special event t-shirt, and entry into a $100 gift card drawing. All donations are tax deductible.
Heart of Technology would like to recognize the generous support of the sponsors who make this party possible. Visit our website to see supporting quotes from our sponsors.
• Grateful Dead/Platinum sponsor: Atrenta
• Jefferson Airplane/Gold Sponsors: CLK, Design Automation Conference, EDA Consortium
• Event Sponsors: Adapt-IP, ARM, Ausdia, ClioSoft, eSilicon, Logic Refinery, Methodics, Mod Marketing and Events, OneSpin, Pulsic, Rambus, Real Intent, Samsung, Solido, Sonics, Synopsys, Tela Innovations, True Circuits
• Media Sponsors: ChipEstimate.com, Chip Design, SemiWiki, Semiconductor Engineering
About Heart of Technology
Founded by Jim Hogan, a venture capitalist and software executive of more than 30 years, Heart of Technology is a philanthropic organization based in Silicon Valley, California that supports community humanitarian causes. The organization fosters the innovative spirit of high technology companies to support community-based non-profits and charitable organizations in their fundraising efforts for the betterment of individual lives and enrichment of society. Find out more at www.heartoftechnology.org.