New C2000(tm) Peripheral Explorer Kit and free Teaching ROM give developers a head start in learning and launching real-time control applications
New Teaching ROM includes self-paced training and labs to educate developers on how to fully leverage the performance and peripherals of TMS320C2000(tm) MCUs
HOUSTON, TX (August 31, 2010) – Giving students and new real-time control developers an easy-to-use, cost-efficient foundation for jumpstarting designs, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced its enhanced floating-point F28335 Delfino™ microcontroller (MCU) Peripheral Explorer Kit and free C2000 MCU Teaching ROM. The new C2000 Teaching ROM is a comprehensive guide to C2000 MCUs, also providing an introduction to real-time control design considerations. The Teaching ROM includes labs based on TI’s F28335 Peripheral Explorer Kit for superior hands-on learning. This new F28335 Peripheral Explorer Kit brings increased integration over previous explorer kits to reduce development cost and enhance learning exercises. Together, the Teaching ROM and Peripheral Explorer Kit will enable more engineers to leverage the performance of C2000 MCUs to develop more energy-efficient real-time control applications, such as motor control, digital power, renewable energy and lighting. For more information on the F28335 Peripheral Explorer Kit, go to www.ti.com/c2rompek-pr-sw, and for a C2000 Teaching ROM video overview, go to www.ti.com/c2rompek-pr-v.
Free C2000 MCU Teaching ROM features and benefits
• Structured like an undergraduate-level course to provide intuitive, self-paced study
• Nineteen modules cover MCU/DSP basics, MCU architecture, peripherals and tools as well as utilities and real-time control applications
• Laboratory exercises paired with the F28335 Peripheral Explorer Kit
• Complete procedures and solutions for laboratory exercises
• All exercises are provided in two versions to run under Code Composer Studio™ IDE v3.3 and v4
F28335 Peripheral Explorer Kit features and benefits (TMDSPREXF28335)
• Easily demo and evaluate key C2000 peripherals (ePWM, ADC, McBSP, eCAP, CAN, I2C, SPI, GPIO)
• Full board development enabled with included F28335 controlCARD
• On-board USB JTAG emulation eliminates need for external emulator, reducing development cost
• Temperature sensor and additional LEDs assist with learning and labs
• Open source hardware, documentation and open source example software
Pricing and availability
The new F28335 Peripheral Explorer Kit (TMDSPREXF28335) is priced at $179 US and is immediately available for order at www.ti.com/c2rompek-pr-es. The C2000 Teaching ROM is free and can be immediately accessed at www.ti.com/c2rompek-pr-dl.
TI’s broad portfolio of MCUs and software
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430™ MCUs, to Stellaris® Cortex-M3-based 32-bit MCUs and high performance, real-time control TMS320C2000 MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
Find out more about by visiting the links below:
• F28335 Peripheral Explorer Kit: www.ti.com/c2rompek-pr-sw
• Video overview of C2000 Teaching ROM: www.ti.com/c2rompek-pr-v
• TI's microcontroller portfolio: www.ti.com/c2rompek-pr-mculp
• TI eStore: www.ti.com/c2rompek-pr-cslp
• C2000 Teaching ROM download: www.ti.com/c2rompek-pr-dl
# # #
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
Stellaris is a registered trademark and Code Composer Studio, Delfino, MSP430, TMS320C2000 and C2000 are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. ARM is a registered trademark and Cortex is a trademark of ARM Ltd. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.