Quickly and easily navigate through microcontroller development with TI's MSP430Ware software and resource package for MSP430(tm) microcontrollers
New software platform supporting ultra-low-power MSP430 16-bit microcontrollers packages code examples, technical documentation and more in a sleek graphical interface for simplified development
|MSP430Ware offers a sleek and intuitive GUI for developers to immediately access and easily filter through all MSP430 microcontroller design resources|
Providing a comprehensive software ecosystem for simplified microcontroller development, Texas Instruments Incorporated (NYSE: TXN) (TI) today announced the new MSP430Ware software and resource package. MSP430Ware offers a sleek and intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) where developers can immediately access and easily filter through all MSP430 microcontroller design resources by device, tool or software library. With automatic web updates, MSP430Ware ensures developers always have the latest and greatest documentation, code examples, project templates and more. Developers can also take advantage of MSP430Ware’s free software resources in a familiar design setting as part of the Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment (IDE). For more information, visit www.ti.com/msp430ware-pr-sw.
MSP430Ware features a one-stop-shop for MSP430 microcontroller developers by organizing and presenting existing software tools as well as new resources such as the MSP430 Driver Library. Driver Library allows designers to configure, enable and use MSP430F5xx and MSP430F6xx microcontroller peripherals through an easy-to-understand application programming interface (API) and simple function calls. This abstracted API library eliminates bitwise programming, providing a faster time to market for new and experienced developers. Also packaged within MSP430Ware are project templates for Grace 1.1, the most recent version of the Grace™ software platform, which enables developers to quickly and easily enable and configure MSP430 Value Line and MSP430F2xx device peripherals. Additionally, the MSP430 USB Developer’s Package is also available, which includes all necessary APIs and examples to begin USB development. With MSP430Ware, developers have everything needed to become a MSP430 microcontroller expert.
Key features and benefits of MSP430Ware
• Free collection of all MSP430 microcontroller development resources delivered through Code Composer Studio IDE’s Resource Explorer
• Advanced GUI framework makes it easy for developers to find the resources needed at any time during the development process
• Driver Library includes a detailed API guide for each function call for peripherals such as ADC, DACs, timers, serial communication interfaces and more, allowing developers to start application development quickly on MSP430F5xx/F6xx devices
• Code examples for all MSP430 microcontrollers, GUI-based peripheral configuration tools, RF and USB software resources are packaged together for a seamless learning and development environment
• Automatic web updates offer latest materials, eliminating unnecessary time spent searching for design resources and technical documentation for faster time to market
• Also available as a standalone tool with resources to support other IDEs such as IAR Embedded Workbench for MSP430 devices, a commercial tool chain as well as MSPGCC, a free, open source GCC tool chain for MSP430 devices
Pricing and availability
MSP430Ware is available today and is included in the latest install of Code Composer Studio IDE version 5.1. Download it here. A standalone version is also available for third party IDE support at www.ti.com/msp430ware-pr-sw.
For more information:
• MSP430Ware: www.ti.com/msp430ware-pr-sw
• MSP430Ware video overview: www.ti.com/msp430ware-pr-v
• Grace software platform: www.ti.com/msp430ware-grace-pr-lp
• MSP430 USB Developers Package: www.ti.com/msp430ware-usbdevpack-pr-tf
• RF software tools: www.ti.com/msp430ware-rfstudio-pr-tf
• MSP430 microcontrollers: www.ti.com/msp430ware-msp430-pr-lp
• Make the Switch to TI microcontrollers: www.ti.com/make-the-switch
TI’s broad portfolio of microcontrollers (MCUs) and software
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430™ MCUs, to Stellaris® Cortex™-M MCUs to real-time control C2000™ MCUs, and Hercules™ safety MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.