TI expands its MSP430(tm) MCU Value Line with 64 devices to give 8-bit developers more options with increased memory and capacitive touch capabilities
New ultra-low-power MSP430 Value Line MCUs enable more features in low-cost applications such as consumer, lighting and touch pads
DALLAS, TX (January 25, 2011) – Continuing its commitment to provide more low-cost options to 8-bit developers, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced 64 new ultra-low-power MSP430 Value Line microcontrollers (MCUs) that offer 16-bit performance at an 8-bit price. The new MSP430G2xx2 MCUs include integrated capacitive touch IOs, allowing developers to interface directly with capacitive touch pads, eliminating the need for additional hardware and components. Additionally, the MSP430 MCU Value Line expansion provides extra package and memory options, providing developers with increased design flexibility. Supported by TI’s $4.30 LaunchPad development kit, free software and broad third party support network, the G2xx2 MCUs further enable an easy upgrade to 16-bit performance while maintaining the ultra-low Value Line price. For more information, please visit www.ti.com/430value_phase2-pr-lp.
Key features and benefits of the Value Line G2xx2 MCUs
• Integrated capacitive touch IOs eliminate the need for external passive components, reducing system level BOM
• Increased memory ranges of up to 8KB Flash and 256B RAM to support more advanced applications
• Additional package options with increased pin counts (20-pin TSSOP and PDIP) offer more flexibility when programming and designing form factors
• Optimized efficiency with ultra-low standby power of 0.4 microamps and <1 microseconds wake-up time as well as integrated intelligent peripherals, such as 10-bit ADCs, UART, comparator and serial communication
• Supported by complete hardware and software development environment with free, downloadable software debuggers and compilers, including Code Composer Studio ™ IDE and IAR Embedded Workbench, and $4.30 LaunchPad development kit
• Code compatible across MSP430 platform providing easy migration path for added scalability
Pricing and availability
The new MSP430G2xx2 MCUs are priced from $0.33 for 100K units and samples are immediately available. The MSP430 MCU Value Line LaunchPad development kit (MSP-EXP430G2) is priced at $4.30 and can be ordered at www.ti.com/430value_phase2-pr-es.
TI’s broad portfolio of MCUs and software
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430 MCUs, to Stellaris® Cortex™-M3-based 32-bit MCUs and high performance, real-time control TMS320C2000™ MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
Find out more about TI’s MSP430 MCU Value Line by visiting the links below:
• MSP430G2xx2 MCUs: www.ti.com/430value_phase2-pr-lp
• MSP430 Value Line LaunchPad: www.ti.com/430value_phase2-pr-launchpad-lp
• TI's microcontroller portfolio: www.ti.com/430value_phase2-pr-microcontrollers-[...]
• TI eStore: www.ti.com/430value_phase2-pr-es
• MSP430 tools: www.ti.com/430value_phase2-ez430-pr-lp
# # #
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
MSP430 is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.