Understanding the Internet of Things Protocols: DDS, MQTT, and AMQP Live Event: July 31, 2013 (11:00 a.m. EDT/8:00 a.m. MST) RTI participates in OpenSystems Media's E-cast
OpenSystems Media (OSM), LLC today announced its upcoming E-cast on Understanding the Internet of Things Protocols: DDS, MQTT, and AMQP moderated by Curt Schwaderer, Technical Editor, OpenSystems Media. The Internet revolutionized how people communicate, what they do, and how they work together.
The revolution is not done. The next wave of the Internet will connect machines and devices together into functioning, intelligent systems. These interconnected devices, also known as the “Internet of Things” (IoT), will link machines together with speeds, scales, and capabilities far beyond what people need or use. The IoT of intelligent connected devices will change the world, perhaps more profoundly than today’s human-centric Internet. However, figuring out where your application fits into the maze of technologies is truly confusing.
This webinar will decode the machine-to-machine (M2M) technology jumble. When does Data Distribution Service (DDS) make sense? How does it compare to Message Queue Telemetry Transport (MQTT)? To the Advance Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)? To the cloud? All of these technologies differ drastically.
In this webinar, attendees will learn:
• The applications and reasons applications and reasons that high-performance integrated device systems are choosing DDS, the Object Management Group (OMG) standard for Data Distribution Service middleware.
• Why DDS is the only technology that delivers the flexibility, reliability, and speed necessary to build complex real-time applications.
• Why military systems, wind-turbine farms, advanced medical systems, asset-tracking systems and automotive test and safety systems choose to base their designs on DDS.
RTI will be available for a Q&A session immediately following the E-cast.
• Who: Curt Schwaderer, Technology Editor, OpenSystems Media (E-cast Moderator) and Stan Schneider, Chief Executive Officer, RTI
• What: Industry expert from RTI present a live OpenSystems Media E-cast, “Understanding the Internet of Things Protocols: DDS, MQTT, and AMQP”
• When: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at (11:00 a.m. EDT/8:00 a.m. MST)
• Where: To attend the E-cast, participants can register at ecast.opensystemsmedia.com/407
About OpenSystems Media
OpenSystems Media has been a leading publisher of electronics magazines, e-mail newsletters, websites, and product resource guides for more than 25 years. OpenSystems Media is the leader in driving leads and awareness through social media and is the largest producer of lead-generation tools such as E-casts, white papers, product directories, and TechChannels, and TechCasts. OpenSystems Media offers E-casts and TechCasts for engineers and provides interactive tools where engineers can communicate directly with presenters and top industry editors. OpenSystems Media also offers the Embedded Computing Design and DSP-FPGA.com Digest on the iPhone, iPad and Kindle for the embedded industry. Current publications include: Embedded Computing Design; Military Embedded Systems; Industrial Embedded Systems; xTCA & CompactPCI Systems; DSP-FPGA.com; PC/104 and Small Form Factors; EDA Digest; and VITA Technologies. For more information, visit www.opensystemsmedia.com.