- Cost-efficient Wireless LAN solution for the Beck IPC@CHIP?
- From November 2006 Beck IPC will be offering an industrial wireless LAN extension called WL01 for the IPC@CHIP? Controllers SC123 / SC143. This extension makes it possible to also connect to mobile and distributed automation devices easily via TCP/IP without the need for any proprietary wireless solutions.
- The connection of the separate and space-saving 23 x 36 x 5 mm add-on module to the IPC@CHIP? is implemented serially via an SPI interface with a maximum transfer rate of 48 MHz. The module supports the latest transmission standards 802.11b and g (11 and 54 Mbit/s in the 2.4 GHz range), as well as the security standards in compliance with 802.11i (WEP and WPA), and offers two antenna terminals for optimising reception and transmission.
- An FK61-WL01 Development Kit will be offered for users to develop their own Wireless LAN solutions inexpensively and quickly. As well as the WLAN module and an adapter board for the existing DK61 IPC@CHIP? Development Kit, it also contains all the software libraries required, the documentation and a demo implementation with web configurator. It is also possible to configure the Wireless LAN module directly from the application program via a C-API, as well as using the freely adjustable web configurator.
- With its operating temperature range of -25 to +85?C the Wireless LAN module is also suitable for industrial use like the IPC@CHIP? SC123/SC143.