Agilent Technologies to Demonstrate Newest High-Speed Digital Design and Test Solutions at DesignCon
Agilent will also host two in-depth educational forums, as well as several tutorials and technical paper sessions.
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 15, 2013 – Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A) today announced it will demonstrate its high-speed digital design and test solutions at DesignCon, Jan. 28- 31, at the Santa Clara Convention Center (Booth 201).
“DesignCon provides an opportunity for Agilent to share our latest experiences in high-speed digital design solutions and demonstrate a wide range of essential tools to help engineers design and simulate, analyze, debug and achieve compliant designs,” said Jay Alexander, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Oscilloscope Products Division.
As the host sponsor of this year’s event, Agilent will demonstrate how to:
· Obtain faster HDMI and MHL sink compliance test results using the compact M8190A arbitrary waveform generator and enhanced N5990A test automation software.
· Take advantage of faster simulation and advanced equalization techniques using powerful enhancements to Agilent’s N1930B physical layer test system (PLTS) 2013 software.
· Perform bit error rate testing for 100 gigabit Ethernet applications from 25 to 32 Gb/s using the N4960A Serial BERT and 86100D Infiniium DCA-X wide-bandwidth oscilloscope mainframe.
· Achieve a noise level as much as three times lower than traditional 8-bit oscilloscopes with Agilent’s new 12-bit Infiniium 9000 H-Series high-definition oscilloscopes.
· Save time debugging and resolve the most difficult design issues using the InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series oscilloscopes, featuring a 1 million waveform/s update rate and the industry’s largest display (12.1 inches) with touch-screen technology.
· Build a complete high-speed digital design flow using Agilent’s Advanced Design System with DDR4 and 28G as application examples.
Agilent will also host two in-depth educational forums, as well as several tutorials and technical paper sessions. The forum topics are:
· Challenges and Solutions in Characterizing a 10-Gb Device (how to set up test equipment to optimize jitter measurement accuracy, focusing on obtaining a good correlation between sampling and real-time oscilloscopes).
· Making DDR4 Work for You (how to meet the challenges with DDR4 designs and understand the most sensitive parameters of the channels that need special attention).
The highlights of Agilent’s tutorials and technical paper sessions include:
· Tips and Advanced Techniques for Characterizing a 28 Gbps Transceiver.
· Comparison and Contrast of State-of-the-Art Time Domain Reflectometry Measurement Instruments.
Panel discussions with technical experts from Agilent include:
· Understanding Digital Communication Standards: A Look Under the Hood.
· Enabling the Next Generation of Smartphones and Tablets with UFS: An Industry Perspective.
For more information or to view the complete schedule of Agilent events, visit www.agilent.com/find/DesignCon.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.9 billion in fiscal 2012. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.