E-cast: Software: The Lifeblood of Any Medical Device
Software plays a pivotal role in the operation of life-critical medical devices, so much so that software can be thought of as the lifeblood of a medical device. Make the right choice and your real-time operating system (RTOS), HMI and custom hardware...
E-cast: ISO 26262 Approval of Automotive Software Components
ISO 26262 is the de facto safety standard for road vehicle electronic systems development and production. This comprehensive ten-part standard applies to all elements of vehicle design including functional safety, system development, hardware, softwar...
E-cast: Edge Meet Enterprise
Look under the hood of many IoT solution providers and you'll find incomplete solutions. Shortcomings are commonly related to device manageability, security, analytics, integration with business applications, and centralized management of enterprise a...
E-cast: Determine Which Processor is Right for your IoT Application - Class 1 of "Processors 101 with Intel Atom"
All processors are the same, right? Well, not exactly. In fact, they vary greatly in terms of price, performance, power consumption, and a host of other features that can make or break your design. In Day 1 of this three-part class, we will go over di...
E-cast: Leverage Multi-mode Connectivity for Flexible, Sustainable IoT Device Deployments
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, cellular, LPWAN, and a growing number of other wireless technologies are all crowding into the IoT space looking to connect their share of billions of edge devices. But you can't wait for the protocol "standards wars" to be d...
E-cast: Building Out Your IoT Application - Class 2 of "Processors 101 with Intel Atom"
While we can't build your complete system, we can take you through some of the key stages that'll put you well on the way toward finishing your design. In Day 2 of this three-day class, we'll look at the common subsystems with an IoT edge device and w...
E-cast: Wind River Helix Drive
The Software Foundation for Developing Next-Generation Autonomous Systems. In order for autonomous cars to become mainstream, these vehicles must intelligently connect and communicate not only within their own complex vehicle systems but with the exte...
E-cast: The Software is the Differentiator - Class 3 of "Processors 101 with Intel Atom"
Putting together the various pieces of an IoT system is like assembling a jigsaw puzzle. But it's a finite task that most engineers can get through. When it comes to the operating system, other runtime software and the development tools available, her...
E-cast: Medical Devices ARE Embedded Systems
Embedded systems and medical devices continue to go down the same path - choosing the most appropriate processor; finding a secure operating system; building a simple user interface; and so on. In this E-cast we will touch on all of these facets, one ...
E-cast: The Inside Story: Leveraging the IIC's Industrial Internet Security Framework
As connected devices become more prevalent, industrial systems are growing and advancing at an unprecedented rate, exposing networks that have otherwise been isolated from attacks. This has created an enormous risk for businesses operating industrial ...
- Growing the Internet of Things, part 2: Ease of use
- How wearables and patient-generated data can improve healthcare
- Challenge finalist powers with solar
- Use jigs for time savings and accuracy
- Zinn: Will Trump’s wall kill the semiconductor industry?
- Z-Wave Alliance ups security in home automation products
- Five Minutes With…Bill Lamie, CEO/Co-Founder, Express Logic
- What we learned about IoT security from the Dyn attack
- Intel reorganizes to fortify IoT and Autonomous Driving Groups
- Smart home as a service: The next frontier for the smart home market
- How narrowband IoT will connect our cities
- Mechatronics aids in embedded system design
- Building better benchmarks for IoT systems
- Best practices for RF layout in wireless SoC designs
- Using a 16-bit DAC to generate a cost-efficient 18-bit DAC transfer function
- Improving reliability and efficiency of green energy with SVPWM current control techniques, part 2
- Long range wireless solutions: Wireless technologies for IoT networks
- Security and the Cortex-M MPU, part 2: MPU multitasking
- Improving reliability and efficiency of green energy with SVPWM current control techniques, part 1
- RTOS in the IoT: Where we are and where we’re headed
- RISC-V: Reigniting innovation in semiconductors?
- Internet of Things platforms, synergies, and key concepts
- Improving smartphone cameras with color sensor technology
- Could FPGA IP be headed to an SoC near you?
- Collaboration is the key to IoT innovation
- Security and the Cortex-M MPU
- Edward Snowden and data security for the Internet of Things
- The industrial internet for business leaders: Making it simple
- How to build a PCIe/104 system
- Choosing the best IoT protocol
- AWS, Microchip deliver trust anchor for end-to-end IoT security
- Secure firmware update considerations for ultra-low power MCUs
- Faster Development of Safe, Smart Railway Solutions with SIL Level COTS Components
- Safe battery charging in wearables and other small systems
- Perform Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation with MATLAB and Simulink to Test and Validate Control Algorithms
- Rugged flash memory: Anatomy of an industrial storage device
- How Bluetooth Low-Energy Technology Powers the IoT