E-cast: What Exactly is 3D Printing, Where it Makes Sense, and Where it Doesn't - Class 1 of "3D Printing 102"
Coverage of how additive manufacturing processes work and what that means in terms of where the technology should or should not be applied. This will also overview how the technology has been used over the past 30 years, how it came into the limelight...
E-cast: The Low-Risk Path to Building Autonomous Car Architectures
Developing an in-car architecture is perhaps the greatest technical risk for any company starting an Autonomous Car program. Selection of architecture is a long-term decision that must last for a decade or more and impacts performance, features and co...
E-cast: 3D Printing - Application Beyond Prototyping - Class 2 of "3D Printing 102"
Advanced processes and practices that show the value of 3d printing as a process and production aide. We will discuss the more cutting edge applications, who is advancing these methods and why? Also we will explore the less complex but most impactful ...
E-cast: Bringing Intelligence to IoT's Edge
Analytics is one of the most compelling components of an Internet of Things strategy. Where you perform the analytics activities are also vitally important. You might be dealing with terabytes or even petabytes of data streaming from hundreds of sophi...
E-cast: The Future of 3D Printing - Class 3 of "3D Printing 102"
What's coming down the road, what to expect and what is just a myth? This will cover where things will go including 4d printing, conductive materials, bionic applications, accessible metal printing, true mass customization and if there will ever be a ...
E-cast: Device Management - The Key to Unlocking IoT Success
The business case for IoT is often driven by the value of data being generated by hundreds or thousands of field devices. An extension of business operations into a customer, often located far away, these health of these devices directly impacts the e...
E-cast: New VxWorks Enhancements for the Evolving Demands of the Embedded Device Market
Balancing time-to-market with ever-increasing new embedded device functionality demands? The VxWorks(r) real-time operating system (RTOS) can help you with these critical challenges driven by the need for greater connectivity, intelligence, safety, an...
E-cast: The Pitfalls and Perils of Poor Security
Hardware hacking and attacks against embedded systems are no longer limited to hobbyists who simply want to have fun making products do things they were never intended to do. Nation states, criminal organizations, and others looking to maliciously sub...
E-cast: Use Proper Taint Analysis, Especially in the IoT - Class 1 of "Static Analysis 101 for IoT"
In this class, we will teach software developers, testers, and analysts how taint analysis can identify exploitable areas within an application and/or system that could be used as an entry point by a hacker. Using IoT as our example, we will help perf...
E-cast: Don't Let Concurrency Bring your System Down - Class 2 of "Static Analysis 101 for IoT"
Class 2 will be a follow-on topic to class 1, where we will discuss the concept of concurrency. It's clear that today's developers need to be designing more efficient and higher performing applications using multi-threading, and testers need to unders...
E-cast: Mitigate the Software Supply-Chain Risk - Class 3 of "Static Analysis 101 for IoT"
Class 3 will delve into mitigating software supply-chain risk by implementing a thorough security audit process of one's software, which has become more critical as more code is being "leveraged" as opposed to written. We will discuss potential risks ...
- Zinn: Your supervisor wants you to be unethical
- A passive infrared sensor adds an extra dimension to Halloween props
- 40-nm Cortex-M7 MCU ups performance/density levels
- 3D printing 102 (you missed the 101 course?)
- Use a virtual platform to maintain security
- LSR 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules leverage Cypress wireless chipsets
- Five Minutes With…John Maddison, SVP, Fortinet
- Concrete monitoring speeds build time, ensures structural integrity
- National Instruments: A changing of the guard
- 5 key trends in the global smart factory market
- electronica: Geofencing and wellness tracking with the NanoTracker
- The industrial internet for business leaders: Making it simple
- How to build a PCIe/104 system
- Choosing the best IoT protocol
- AWS, Microchip deliver trust anchor for end-to-end IoT security
- Secure firmware update considerations for ultra-low power MCUs
- Specifying switches for hazardous environments
- Designing hardware to protect the Internet
- Securing the edge with ARM TrustZone for v8-M
- The IoT doesn't need PoCs
- Taking industrial display interfaces beyond FPGAs and closed systems
- Z-Wave opens up as smart home connectivity battle closes in
- What’s new with the mbed OS?
- College engineers build the cars of the future
- Software forensics lay MS-DOS, CP/M controversy to rest
- Advances in sensing, connectivity, and control fuel IIoT designs
- The incredible rise of the LED
- Building trust in a model-based automatic code generator
- Verification is crucial for programmable SoC designs
- Sub-threshold circuitry: Making Moore’s about power, not performance
- Check these boxes before deploying IoT devices
- Custom design HMI front ends for electronic equipment
- CANDI Integrates with Intel(r) Building Management Platform to Provide Edge-to-Cloud IoT Data Access
- Smart Street Lighting Leader Telensa Appoints David Brown as VP Sales EMEA
- IIC testbed retrofits existing facilities for sensor-to-cloud connectivity
- Avnet acquires Premier Farnell for $850 million
- E-cast: OTA Updates to the Automotive and Embedded Computing Markets