E-cast: FAA Regulatory Guidance for Multi-core Usage in Certified Avionics Systems
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has recently published guidance on the usage of multi-core processor in airborne systems. Multi-core processors offer performance improvements, legacy software reuse, and cost savings through consolidation of ...
E-cast: Interoperability and the Internet of Things - To standardize or not to standardize?
The Internet of Things (IoT) encompasses a range of technology verticals, from consumer electronics and connected cars to industrial controls and the smart grid. However, while this immense diversity has created a market opportunity valued as high as ...
E-cast: Standards for Autonomous and Secure Microgrids
The U.S. power grid is changing. Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) require responsive, distributed control at the edge of the grid. DERs create new challenges in scalability and reliability, while increasing the network footprint exposed to cyber th...
E-cast: How to Reduce Time-to-Market for Appealing Embedded GUIs Using the Newest Freescale Applications Processor and Crank Storyboard Suite
With the rapid growth of devices with screens in market, the priority for teams creating embedded applications is often accelerating development. Quickly delivering applications to the market shouldnt leave teams feeling as if they have to compromise...
E-cast: Are Continuous Delivery Practices Possible When Developing Embedded Systems?
The development of embedded software continues to evolve based on market pressures, constant technology and development methodology changes and client expectations. However, can new approaches, such as Continuous Delivery, be adopted by embedded syste...
E-cast: Debunking Misconceptions About Static Analysis
Static analysis, or static code analysis, is the analysis of source code without the execution of the program. Unlike testing or dynamic analysis in general, static analysis has different interpretations. This has led to several misconceptions regardi...
E-cast: Let TI and MathWorks help you Launch your next motor control design
C2000 Microcontrollers have been focused on easing motor control design for over 20 years. From the original C24x DSP engine to the latest C28x floating point DSP, C2000 MCUs provide a range of processing performance from 60MHz to dual core 200MHz C...
- Microchip's module simplifies motion monitoring
- Agreement results in virtual prototyping for FPGA-SoC devices
- Scenes from Embedded World 2015 – Prem Kumar, Kontron
- Scenes from Embedded World 2015 – Evgueni Kolossov, PRQA
- Scenes from Embedded World 2015 – Alessandro Santini, SECO, and Maurizio Caporali, UDOO
- Scenes from Embedded World 2015 – Philip O'Hara, Rogue Wave Software
- 10 cool and unusual wearables: Embedded tech in all shapes, sizes, locations, and functions
- Scenes from Embedded World 2015 – Ronald Martino, Freescale Semiconductor
- Fast, expandable, high-performance, and low-power maker boards and dev kits
- Scenes from Embedded World 2015 – Matteo Bordin, AdaCore
- Scenes from Embedded World 2015 – Sai-Ying Ng, Cactus Technologies
- Preventing Linux rootkit threats through secure boot design using flash-based SoC FPGAs
- An introduction to FPGA power
- How to pick an RTOS
- Software-Defined Networking – A view from the top
- Can connected cars be secure cars? The growing concern over software security in the automobile industry
- Encryption 301: More extensive encryption subsystems
- How the newest IoT spec is more than, well, just another spec
- Open-source MEMS initiative seeks to reduce barriers to sensor development
- Building a high-performance, low-power audio/voice subsystem
- Don't get beat by USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable-assembly test challenges
- Encryption 201: Static versus dynamic data
- Kilopass Hires Michel Courtoy as Vice President of Marketing and Business Development
- CommAgility acquires LTE software developer MIMOon
- APLEX Expands HMI Portfolio, Adopting Intel Atom E3845 and Celeron N2930 Processors and Targeting Industrial-Grade Markets.
- Deadline to Enter the PSoC Pioneer Challenge Extended
- SmartDV Announces Addition of Six New Verification IPs to their Product Portfolio