E-cast: Operating Systems for Operating Rooms: you get what you pay for
When choosing between an open source and commercial OS, what costs are you considering? Although a "free" open source OS may seem attractive at first, further examination reveals hidden costs, associated with development, maintenance, certification, a...
E-cast: The Inside Story: How OPC UA and DDS Can Work Together in Industrial Systems
The Object Management Group(r) (OMG(r)) and the OPC Foundation recently announced a collaborative strategy for the two leading connectivity standards for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)--the OMG Data Distribution Service (DDS) and the OPC Uni...
E-cast: No More ALM
Join Stefano Rizzo, SVP, Polarion Software, a Siemens Company, on May 19, 2016 as he discusses the benefits of an unified and holistic ALM approach to software development in Enterprise IT and Product Development. Presented by: Polarion
E-cast: Hear from the Experts: Why Connected Product Management is Critical to IoT Success
The Internet of Things introduces a wide variety of new challenges for companies to overcome, before they can realize the opportunity. The IoT is not just about connecting a product. Companies need to consider design, development, and launch of a pro...
E-cast: M2.COM Open Standard for Innovative IoT Sensor Platform
According to Gartner Research, the demand for connected devices will surge to one trillion by 2040. Research further indicated that there will be US $166 billion invested in the IoT industry by 2020. The tremendous opportunities afforded by the IoT an...
E-cast: Keys to Effective Embedded Software Development and Supporting Tools and Processes
"Smart" systems and the Internet of Things are pushing embedded systems into new applications and use cases. Hardware platforms are trending toward 32-bit multicore CPUs with a wide variety of integrated I/O, graphics, sensors, and networking; embedde...
E-cast: Design a Cloud Connected IoT Gateway with Security Protection
Connectivity can add great value to many embedded applications. An IoT Gateway is one of the easier ways to connect devices to the cloud without bearing the cost of a full Ethernet or Wi-Fi(r) interface with an accompanying protocol stack. However, th...
E-cast: Scaling IoT Applications - IoT Panel Discussion
Companies making virtually any kind of embedded systems are now faced with the daunting task of inter-connecting these devices into a larger communications system that provides intelligent guidance for the user and important analytics that measure eff...
- Floored: NXP FTF 2016
- NXP FTF 2016: Is the hysteria around connected device security warranted?
- NXP FTF 2016: Eliminating tradeoffs of Java versus C in embedded, IoT
- NXP FTF 2016: Security, criticality, and connected healthcare
- The best IoT event of the year
- Google Assistant vs. Amazon’s Alexa
- NXP FTF 2016: Integration and algorithms are putting the "smart" into smart home
- NXP FTF 2016: The why and how of intelligent sensors at the edge
- NXP FTF 2016: Resource-constrained embedded and the security lifecycle
- IoT Roadshow, Denver – Colorado Engineering Inc.: Neural networking and NVIDIA bring machine vision to IoT
- IoT Roadshow, Denver – Component Distributors, Inc.: Disties keep adding value to the Internet of Things
- Signal- and power-integrity fundamentals are essential in a high-speed PCB
- Eight ways to avoid bad end-user software licensing
- Embedded memory systems 101
- Eheap Part 3: An embedded system heap with self-healing features
- Optimize IoT performance by optimizing the IoT edge
- Analytics-driven embedded systems, part 3 – Integrating real-time analytics
- Combine a TI CC3100 IoT booster pack with an ST-Nucleo board
- 3D printing explained, and how it will rock the world
- Harvesting nanowatts to milliwatts from ambient sources using advanced energy harvester integrated circuits
- Analytics-driven embedded systems, part 2 – Developing analytics and prescriptive controls
- Current and future possibilities with wireless energy harvesting
- Telit deviceWISE Asset Gateway Embedded on USRobotics M2M Gateway simplifies development of IoT solutions
- MicroEJ Presentation at Embedded TechCon: Software Virtualization Lessons for Extreme IoT Portability and Scale
- E-cast: Its the Connected Era. Are Your Linux Devices Secure?
- New High Power 270Vdc VPX Power Card Exceeds Previous Market Offerings
- E-cast: Replace Mechanical Buttons with Texas Instruments' MSP MCUs Featuring CapTIvate(tm) Technology
- NXP FTF 2016: Keep it simple, stupid. Focus on your value add
- NXP FTF 2016: Multi-parameter patient monitoring with QNX and NXP's i.MX6
- NXP FTF 2016: The MCU memory bottleneck and optimized IDEs
- NXP FTF 2016: Shrinking SSL for secure communications in IoT and embedded
- NXP FTF 2016: More on Java, VMs, and C for IoT