What does the Internet of Things (IoT) mean for enterprise cost-optimization? Ido Sarig, Vice President, Internet of Things Solutions Group, Wind River explains how predictive maintenance and asset monitoring with IoT gateways enables an extra kicker for goods and services.
PCI Express: No longer just chip-to-chip
In this article, GigaSpaces will describe how to build a system using a Complex Event Processing (CEP) engine for collecting sensor information and an in-memory data storage for capturing data and enabling quick correlation of that data in real-time. An OpenStack-based cloud environment is used as the underlying cloud infrastructure.
Adam Burns, Director of Product Marketing & Business Development, IoT Solutions Group, Intel Corporation provides a look at how Internet of Things (IoT) products based on the Intel Architecture (IA) are promoting greater efficiency and ease of use across a variety of industries.
One key requirement for the Internet of Things (IoT) to really take its stride: plud n' play. Adam Gould, Vice President of ARM's Sensinode Business Unit shares how emerging software abstraction layers like 6LoWPAN are striving to make things 'just work' in the IoT.
- Fast, energy-efficient M2M devices in a flash
- Crowdfunding and community design deliver custom-built embedded systems
- ARM's big.LITTLE architecture aims to satisfy the hunger for power - Q&A with John Goodacre, Director, Technology and Systems, ARM Processor Division
- Moving target: EEMBC evolves its benchmark suites to keep pace with the multicore revolution - Q&A with Markus Levy, Founder and President of EEMBC
- Trend watch: MCU-based user interfaces take shape as key differentiator in cloud connected devices
- Upcoming AdvancedTCA Base Extensions specification benefits current and future systems – including for cloud
- AdvancedTCA lays groundwork for Iridium NEXT
- Most Innovative Products of the Year
- 2013 Most Influential Women in Embedded: Victoria Mitchell, Director of SoC Software Engineering, Altera Corporation
- 2013 Top Embedded Innovators: Josh Lee, President and CEO, Uniquify
- The connected car: It’s all about integration
- Effective hardware-software co-design for automotive systems
- Elements of success: What the Connected Factory needs to flourish in 2014
- Keep it cool: Take the heat out of embedded design
- Connected cars rev up to meet today's security, interoperability challenges
- White Paper: A Multi-Layered Approach to Medical Security: Build in Protection from Hardware Design to Final Testing
- Ultra Reliable Embedded Computing - The Clash between IPC Class 3 Requirements and Shrinking Geometries
- High-Speed, Real-Time Recording Systems -- Second Edition
- Software Defined Radio Handbook -- 10th Edition
- POS Security That Pays Its Own Way: The rising costs of POS system management and security
- Fully integrated RTOS aids in full dev cycle
- Fast ,easy, and robust M2M/IoT design
- Connecting to the industrial IoT
- Embedded UltraBand transparent caching alleviates network bottlenecks, optimizes content delivery
- Cymbet EnerChip solid-state batteries smaller, longer lasting than traditional alternatives