Boost Valley Announces its first FPGA proven IP - HDMI-CEC 2.0 Controller IP
Boost Valley announces its first step into the IP market introducing its first FPGA proven IP - HDMI-CEC 2.0 Controller.
The Consumer Electronics Control (HDMI-CEC) is a 500 Mb/s bi-directional serial bus designed to control multiple HDMI devices with a single remote-control. It allows users to control up to 15 devices connected through HDMI from a single node; for example: controlling Blu-ray players using TV remote control or having the TV automatically turned on upon disc insertion into the DVD player.
The HDMI port is widely used in media devices and almost all HDTV manufacturers support HDMI-CEC link with different trade names (e.g Samsung Anynet+, LG SimpLink, and Sony BRAVIA Link).
Realizing the gap within the current market where no ‘stand-alone’ CEC controller IPs exist, Boost Valley decided to bridge this gap by introducing its standalone FPGA proven CEC IP; serving all HDMI IP vendors wishing to integrate a ready-made CEC solution to their existing HDMI IPs. It also serves system integrators need to integrate a ready CEC solution to their FPGA based systems.
Our CEC-Controller IP comes along with a CEC-UART bridge IP providing the ability to control the CEC IP using a simple UART interface. A software solution is included in our package acting as a CEC client to control/test CEC devices from a PC/Laptop.
Boost Valley’s CEC IP Overview
- Compliance with HDMI-CEC specifications under HDMI 2.0 standard.
- Supporting transmission and reception of all CEC message types with error reporting capability.
- It can be configured with multi-logical address, making it suitable for devices that have multiple functions (e.g. A DVD recorder having a built-in tuner).
- The logical address configuration can be changed dynamically to overcome the loss of logical address issue.
- Boost Valley CEC IP supports the full range of CEC bit timings that guarantees receiving CEC messages from any CEC device.
- It can operate at different clock speeds and it supports the whole set of features offered with CEC devices.
- Boost Valley CEC IP handles Signal Free Time rules, transmission collision, and initiator error notification.
- It could be easily integrated into your system with minimum effort due to its high area-optimization.
- Boost Valley CEC IP could be configured to report all bus transactions even if it’s not the destination of the message, which makes CEC network debugging more easier.
Boost Valley offers two packages for this IP:
1) Stand-alone CEC Controller IP package.
2) UART-CEC bridge IP package with a software solution that acts as a CEC client to send / receive CEC messages through serial port
Contact us for custom CEC bridges that suit your system needs.
Watch our demo that illustrates a complete solution that integrates HDMI-CEC IP with UART-CEC bridge to control a set of CEC enabled devices using our software solution running on the laptop acting as a CEC client to send / receive CEC messages.
The HDMI-CEC Controller IP Product includes:
- CEC-UART Bridge Synthesizable RTL
- CEC client Software Solution
- Solution Testbench
- IP User’s manual and datasheet
About Boost Valley
Boost Valley is a digital design and verification specialized firm, building its own portfolio of Verification IPs and IPs as well as providing clients with quality consultation services in the Digital Design and Verification domains. Our goal is to establish strategic alliances designed to help deliver a client-centric, complete solution approach for solving problems, exploiting business opportunities and creating sustainable competitive advantage for our clients.
For more information, please visit our website: www.boostvalley.com.