Freescale asks "How Do You Make 'Sense' of the World?" with launch of video contest
Contestants to demonstrate how they Touch, Tap, Tilt and Transmit their way into next generation designs with Smart Sensors
AUSTIN, Texas – Sept. 28, 2010 – Consumers are now seeing a shift toward connected intelligence in which electronic devices are much more in tune with our personal preferences, our surroundings and how we live. Sensors are the driving force behind today’s most cutting edge devices and machines, bringing connectivity and immersive experiences to day-to-day living that were once unimaginable. With the recent launch of its Xtrinsic sensing solutions, Freescale Semiconductor is at the forefront of this shift and wants to hear directly from designers about how they are using sensors to make better sense of the world.
Freescale’s “How Do You Make ‘Sense’ of the World?” video contest invites engineers, who are sensor fans, to create an original video of three minutes or less to demonstrate a revolutionary way in which Freescale’s acceleration, pressure or touch sensors or touch sensing software can be applied to an application in any market including consumer, industrial, medical and automotive. In essence, Freescale wants to see how utilizing sensing technology can change the world.
Entries may be submitted starting today and will be accepted through Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. CST. They may be submitted via Freescale’s Facebook page or uploaded as a video response to Freescale’s YouTube “How Do You Make ‘Sense’ of the World?” video. Videos will be judged on their creativity, originality and how uniquely participants incorporate the Freescale and Xtrinsic Sensing Solutions artwork into the video, which are available for download on the contest homepage.
The Grand Prize winner of the “How Do You Make ‘Sense’ of the World?” video contest will win $10,000 (USD). Additional prizes for second and third place will also be awarded — $3,000 and $2,000 respectively. The contest is open to all individuals 18 years or older except where prohibited.
Video submissions will be judged initially by Freescale to determine the Top 8. The Top 8 will then be announced on Freescale’s Facebook page, where the public can comment on them and “like” their favorite video. The video with the most “likes” will be proclaimed as the winner. The winners’ names will be posted on or about Dec. 6, 2010.
To enter the "How Do You Make ‘Sense’ of the World?” video contest:
1. Visit the contest homepage to read about what Freescale is looking for and to obtain contest rules.
2. Make a video no more than three minutes in length, showcasing an original application for sensors that clearly incorporates the Freescale and Xtrinsic Sensing Solutions artwork.
3. Upload your video to Freescale’s Facebook wall or as a video response on YouTube. By uploading your video to the site, you are providing acknowledgement that you have read and agree to the Official Rules of the contest.
4. Once your video is uploaded, submit contact information including title of video, name, e-mail, phone number and physical address either via direct message on Twitter or YouTube or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. If you are chosen as a Top 8 finalist, invite friends, family, co-workers and neighbors to view your video on Freescale’s Facebook page and comment on it and/or “like” it.
6. After the close of the contest, the videos with the largest number of “likes” will be announced the winner.
Tweet This: How do you make sense of the world? @Freescale invites you to submit a video for a chance at 10K bit.ly/aBDDVE
About Freescale Semiconductor
Freescale Semiconductor is a global leader in the design and manufacture of embedded semiconductors for the automotive, consumer, industrial and networking markets. The privately held company is based in Austin, Texas, and has design, research and development, manufacturing or sales operations around the world. www.freescale.com.